Carol Potter is an experienced Integrative Therapeutic Counsellor and Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT). Carol has her own private practice in Colchester, working from a delightful clinic in Rowhedge, Colchester. In addition, Carol has had over 30 years experience, working directly with people experiencing differing types of emotional problems. This includes voluntary work for a Help-Line for the depressed / suicidal and working with criminal offenders with addiction problems. Carol has extensive experience in working directly with adults and children with learning disabilities whilst working for the NHS as a Learning Disability Nurse for over 20 years. She also has advanced experience in working with young people with mental health problems, and their families. Carol also has significant Gestalt / Psycho-drama experience and has undertaken a prolonged training course in Attachment disorder. Carol has been Qualified as a CBT Therapist for over 10 years and as a Qualified Counsellor for over 15 years.
Carol also holds the following qualifications:
- Initial Post Professional Award in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Integrative Counselling
- Diploma HE in Integral Therapeutic Counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate of Completion of standard training in EMDR Therapy
Carol is a BABCP fully accredited CBT Therapist and an EMDR Therapist (Member of EMDR UK) .